Post 20 sty 2011, o 23:28

Zakaz cyrku ze zwierzętami w Chinach

O zakazie cyrku ze zwierzętami w Chinach informuje między innymi The Telegraph w artykule:
"China bans animal circuses"
Malcolm Moore, 18.01.2011

Zakaz będzie dotyczył nie tylko cyrków ale i ogrodów zoologicznych:
China has banned animal circuses and warned its zoos they must stop abusing animals or face closure.

the Chinese government has now issued a total ban, which came into force on Tuesday across the 300 state-owned zoos which are part of the China Zoo Association.

To bardzo popularna forma rozrywki kosztem zwierząt w Chinach:
Live animal shows and circuses are hugely popular in China, and draw around 150 million visitors a year at 700 zoos.

Ale mocno oprotestowywana, zawierająca spektakularne przykłady znęcania się nad zwierzętami:
However, animal rights campaigners have repeatedly complained that the shows should be stopped.

“A zoo in my city had a show where they forced an adult lion to stand on the back of a horse for a sort of animal acrobatic performance,” said Xiao Bing, the chairman of the local animal protection association in the southern city of Xiamen.

“I also saw one entertainment park where the monkeys seemed to have wounds all over their bodies. The manager told me the monkeys got hurt during live monkey-fighting shows,” he said.

The ban will also force zoos to stop selling animal parts in their shops and zoo restaurants will have to stop serving dishes made out of rare animals, another widespread practice.

Similarly, zoos will no longer be able to pull the teeth of baby tigers so that tourists can hold them and will have to stop attractions where live chickens, goats, cows and even horses are sold to visitors who can then watch them be torn apart by big cats.

Mogą być też skutki uboczne tego zakazu w postaci zabijania zwierząt:
However, the closure of the shows could push some zoos towards bankruptcy and may leave many animals with an uncertain future. “In some cases, I am not sure where the animals will go,” said Mr Neale.

“In some cases I would recommend euthanasia, since there are animals in a very bad way after a few years of being in these performances.

Zastanawiam się jak w ogóle do tego doszło, w świetle ogólnej pogardy nie tylko dla praw zwierząt pozaludzkich ale i ludzi w Chinach. Chętnie przeczytałabym jakieś polityczne komentarze. Dodatkowo, zastanawia mnie stopień wdrożenia tego zakazu w bliższej i dalszej przyszłości. No i muszą być jakieś haczyki, luki, wyjątki.

W tym samym czasie, Chiny podpisują z Kanadą umowę na import produktów z fok, których nie chce Unia Europejska, kwitnie też handel kośćmi czy skórami tygrysów w ramach tradycyjnej medycyny chińskiej (wstrząsający artykuł pt. "Exposed: Dark secret of the farm where tigers' bodies are plundered to make £185 wine").

Inne artykuły o cyrkach w Chinach:
- Animals Australia China to end zoos' theatre of cruelty (12.01.2011)
- Newser.com "China Bans Animal Circuses"

Obrazek
Obrazek
Obrazek