Post 17 lis 2010, o 18:57

Wdzięczny wieloryb

Artykuł sprzed 6 lat ale niektóre cytaty warte zamieszczenia.
W artykule opisana jest cała sytuacja ratowania wieloryba przez nurków z sieci na kraby, ja skupię się na "odwdzięczaniu się" wieloryba i związanymi z tym zachowaniem odczuciami nurków.

Humpback nuzzled her saviors in thanks after they untangled her from crab lines, diver says

http://articles.sfgate.com/2005-12-14/n ... pots-whale

A humpback whale freed by divers from a tangle of crab trap lines near the Farallon Islands nudged its rescuers and flapped around in what marine experts said was a rare and remarkable encounter.

"It felt to me like it was thanking us, knowing that it was free and that we had helped it," James Moskito, one of the rescue divers, said Tuesday. "It stopped about a foot away from me, pushed me around a little bit and had some fun."

"When I was cutting the line going through the mouth, its eye was there winking at me, watching me," Moskito said. "It was an epic moment of my life."
When the whale realized it was free, it began swimming around in circles, according to the rescuers. Moskito said it swam to each diver, nuzzled him and then swam to the next one.

"It seemed kind of affectionate, like a dog that's happy to see you," Moskito said. "I never felt threatened. It was an amazing, unbelievable experience."

"You hate to anthropomorphize too much, but the whale was doing little dives and the guys were rubbing shoulders with it," Menigoz said. "I don't know for sure what it was thinking, but it's something that I will always remember. It was just too cool."